At least 5 people have died and at least two others have been injured after a man lashed out with bows and arrows in Kongsberg, Norway on Wednesday night.
The unnamed attacker was arrested and a terror investigation has been launched.
According to reports, a man started firing arrows at a Co-Op supermarket in a small mining town about 130 kilometers from the capital Oslo.
Police arrested the man 30 minutes after he started shooting arrows at people.
TRENDING: “I never expected to be a prisoner of war in my own country” – January 6 Political prisoner Jeremy Brown calls Gateway Pundit from Florida prison — AUDIO
Express UK reported:
A TERROR probe has been launched after at least five people were killed today when a man with a bow and arrow raged in Norway.
The unnamed suspect reportedly started firing the weapon at a Co-Op supermarket in the small mining town of Kongsberg, about 130 kilometers from the capital Oslo. He was later detained by police, who said they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the attack.
Tonight, Police Chief Oeyvind Aas confirmed that they could not rule out terrorism as the motivation for the attack – which took place over a “large area”.
He also confirmed that no Co-Op employees were injured in the attack.
The top cop also revealed that the suspect had been arrested after a “confrontation” with police officers, but said none of his officers were injured.
Norway: Several dead in bow and arrow attack on Kongsberg: Police patrolled the streets of Kongsberg, Norway on Wednesday evening after at least four people were killed and several others injured by a man armed with a bow and arrow. Local Police Chief Oeyvind Aas said: pic.twitter.com/sHHHG8i4HC
— World News 24 (@DailyWorld24) October 13, 2021